Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Salt + Light Co-op was birthed out of a desire to create a space to teach children to live confident and bold for Christ. We believe the early years are for building a foundation of faith that will help them to be the salt and light of the world, not hidden, but shining God’s love and peace within the world.
Rock City Church
10309 South Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
Age Requirements: Ages 5-9 (Approx. grades k-3)
- We will meet every other Friday, except for a few Fridays that land close to a holiday, requiring us to meet back to back.
- Meetings are from 9am-1:00pm.
- Beginning Sept. 4//ending May 28.
Cost to attend? $25 Per family fee is required at the time of enrollment. This covers the entire school year, Sept.-May (21 Meetings). Fee is required at any time of enrollment, even if joining late in the school year.
Supplies needed for meetings:
- Packed snack, drink, and lunch.
- Reading material for book club discussion.
- Specific materials may be requested throughout the year.
Rules for younger siblings attending: Infants under one year of age only. Children ages 2-4 are not allowed to come along, as childcare will not be provided.
What type of material will be taught within the school year?
- Each month 1 hymn, as well as one passage of scripture will be taught and reviewed. Memory work will be rewarded within the last meeting of the month.
- Geography lesson per meeting covering 1 country per month.
- Various chapter books will be read and discussed throughout the year, within the book club portion of each meeting.
Tentative meeting schedule:
- 9:00 Begin in sanctuary for song/dance, pledge, hymn and Bible passage, announcements.
- 10:00 Move to classroom for snack + restroom break.
- 10:15 Geography lesson + activity.
- 11:15 Book club discussion + activity.
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:30-1:00 Playground
Please know that we will be practicing safe distancing as much as possible. Masks are optional, but not required. Tables, chairs, and supplies will be sanitized after use. Hand sanitizer will be available within each classroom.
I accept and assume full responsibility for all harm and injury, of every nature, including death, which may occur to me or which I may suffer, and for all damages or loss while I am participating in the Salt & Light Co-Op and, in furtherance thereof, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rock City Church, and its employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action, on account of damage to personal property, or to my personal person for injury, or death, which may occur or result directly or indirectly from my participation in the activity, and which results from causes beyond the control of and without the fault or negligence of Rock City Church and its employees.